Jack Milford Ford specializes in navigating the legal issues of the Electronic Funds Transfer industry, specifically including the ATM arena. He has over thirteen years of experience in dealing with the legal matters that surround the ATM, EFT, & check cashing industry.
Jack’s legal experience in the ATM, EFT, & check cashing industry include the following areas:
- Business organization, documentation and maintenance
- Contract negotiation, review and preparation
- Due diligence/review of acquisition targets and portfolios
- Regulatory licensing compliance, including Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as related to ATM ADA requirements
- Merger and acquisition documents
- Working with Independent ATM Deployers (IAD)
- Negotiating and closing transactions
- Providing general and corporate counsel to internal departments
- Working with Sponsoring Banks
- Representing Third Party Service Providers
- Regulatory Compliance including: Bank Security Act (BSA), Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations.
- Electronic Check Cashing technologies
Since 1998, Jack has served numerous roles in the ATM arena, including associate general counsel and has organized various IADs for Card Capture Services, Inc./E*TRADE Access, Inc. He has covered a wide spectrum of transactions with IAD’s, sponsoring banks, ATM manufacturers, processors, service bureaus, armored carriers, large & small retailers from Chevron and Target to small convenience retail stores.
As an ATMIA member, Jack continues to stay informed of the current legal issues, and the latest regulations in the ATM and EFT industry.